Timberland LLC and its affiliates* (collectively, "Timberland," "The Timberland Group," "we," "us" and "our") provide you with access to our family of web sites, including, without limitation:
- www.timberland.com; www.timberland.fr; www.timberlandonline.co.uk; www.timberland.de; www.timberland.es; www.timberland.it; and any additional marketing sites that we may create from time to time (the "Marketing Sites"): and
- shop.timberland.com; shop.timberland.fr; shop.timberlandonline.co.uk; shop.timberland.de; shop.timberland.es; shop.timberland.it; and any additional shopping sites that we may create from time to time (the "Shopping Sites") to purchase Timberland product and also as a resource for Timberland information and entertainment (the Marketing Sites and Shopping Sites are collectively referred to as the "Web Sites").
2. What information do we collect?
Most of the information we collect from you at the Web Sites does not personally identify you to us, though it may be unique or consist of or contain information that you consider personal. For example, we automatically collect the following information: clickstream information such as the address of the web site that you came from before visiting any of the Web Sites, which pages you visit on the Web Sites, what country you are browsing from and what default language your internet browser is set to, which browser you used to view the Web Sites and any search terms you have entered on the Web Sites. This information is anonymous, meaning we cannot identify you personally unless you identify yourself, for example, by making a purchase, by creating an account, or by giving us your e-mail address.
You can also create an account with us on the Shopping Sites by providing similar personal information in addition to a registration name and password. Or you may provide preferences such as products you may be interested in. In either case, we'll use the information to make your shopping more efficient and to better serve your interests.
From time to time, we may conduct surveys, run contests, offer mailings or other promotions. You will be provided with an opportunity to indicate whether you wish to participate in these activities in accordance with relevant notice and consent requirements under applicable local laws. If you choose to participate in one of our surveys, contests mailings or other promotions, we'll probably ask for some personal information such as your shopping habits, e-mail address, telephone number and other information so we can run the promotion and notify winners.
When you send us a request, such as to our customer service department, or inquire about career opportunities or participate in an Investor Relations presentation, we may ask you to identify yourself by name and/or e-mail address in order to send you a response, if appropriate.
- We also use pixel tags, tiny graphic images, to help us analyze your online shopping patterns, create content designed for your connection speeds, and deliver e-mail in a format you can read.
- If you are located in a country in the European Union, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org for more information on cookies and how to disable them.
- Please note that when you place an order for our products using one of Timberland's Shopping Sites or using our toll-free telephone number, we need to know information such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, phone number, and debit or credit card number so we can process and fulfill your order, and contact you if we have any questions. This information is known as "personal information" because it is capable of identifying you as a living individual. Personal information is afforded certain protections under data privacy and other laws and you can be assured that your personal information will be handled at all times by us in compliance with such laws. Some browsers have a "do not track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals. If you block of delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this policy will stop.
3. How do we use the information we collect?
When you place an order on one of the Shopping Sites, we use your personal information to process and fulfill your order. We may send you an e-mail to confirm or to update you on the status of your order. We may also need to contact you by regular mail, e-mail or phone if we have any questions about your order. We may also use your personal information to respond to any of your customer service inquiries.
We also use your personal information to operate and improve the Web Sites and to deliver the products and services you have requested. We keep track of the pages you visit and the manner in which you use the Web Sites to determine what products and services are most popular and whether to make changes to any of the Web Sites. We may, from time to time, review your personal information and information of other customers to help us analyze trends, purchasing patterns and preferences, and demographics.
When you place an order, create an account, give us your e-mail address, complete a survey or participate in a contest, mailing or other promotion on any of the Web Sites, we use the information you provide to us to:
- send e-mail, regular mail or text message, as applicable, to you about our products, services or other contests and promotions you might be interested in;
- personalize your shopping experience by using your product interests, shopping patterns and purchase information to recommend other products, services or promotions that we believe might interest you including those of other companies.; or
- notify you of changes to the Web Sites.
You will be provided with an opportunity to indicate whether you are happy for us to use your personal information for these purposes in accordance with notice and consent requirements under applicable local laws.
We maintain the personal information that you provide us, along with a record of your purchases, in a secure database. To best serve you, we may combine this information with data that is publicly available and data that we collect in our own stores, at our marketing events, or receive from other business partners and/or reputable sources.
4. Do we share your information with third parties?
We may share your personal information with our trusted third-party service providers to help us manage and operate the Web Sites, such as processing your order, performing statistical analysis, sending you e-mail, postal mail or text messages, providing customer support and performing other important services. Although these partners may not be affiliated with us, they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information and are not authorized to discuss, disclose or make any use of your personal information except as necessary to provide such services.
From time to time, we may also use third parties to help us collect and aggregate certain information collected through the Web Sites. We may share this aggregated information with existing and prospective business partners and advertisers. None of the aggregated information will contain any personal information.
We may also share your personal information with carefully screened Timberland business partners to offer you products and services that we believe might interest you. In each case, our partners will not be authorized to discuss, disclose, or make any use of your personal information except for extending the offer to you. If you prefer not be included in these types of prospective offers, please contact us as set forth below (please be sure to include your first and last name, street address, and e-mail address in your request):
For the following Web Sites, send an e-mail to email@example.com:
For all other Websites, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you select an alternative payment process (such as PayPal or Bill Me Later), you provide the personal and financial information needed to process your application or purchase directly to each provider. The companies that administer these programs are independent of Timberland and have their own privacy policies. We encourage you to learn more about their policies on their web sites.
Your personal information will be held by us for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, for the settlement of any potential disputes which may be raised or otherwise in accordance with legal requirements.
5. What information do we collect when you submit a product review?
6. How can you Unsubscribe or change your information?
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. You have the right to request confirmation of what information we hold about you and to correct, update or change such information. If you prefer not to receive information from us or would like to correct, update or change your personal information or preferences, please follow the instructions below. Please note that objecting to our holding and using your information may prevent us from providing you with some of our products or services.
Registration Information, Preferences, and E-mail
To modify or delete the personal information you have provided during registration, please go to the Shopping Site on which you created your account, login and update your profile.
To unsubscribe from an e-mail, please follow the instructions in any e-mail you receive. In certain countries, you will have been required to consent to receive e-mails.
If your request is about any of the Web Sites listed below, you can also send us a request by e-mail to email@example.com, for requests relating to any other Web Sites, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your first and last name, user name and account e-mail address in your request.
Direct Mail and Catalogs
If you would like your name and address removed from Timberland's direct mailing list or if you would like to update your mailing information, you can call us at 888-802-9947 or e-mail us a request at email@example.com. Please be sure to include your first and last name and mailing address in your request.
Your request to be removed from our e-mail lists might take up to three (3) business days to become effective (regular mailing lists may take up to 1 week). Please note that you may receive e-mails or regular mail that is already in process even though we have removed you. Even if you're removed from a list, if you order online, we will send you an e-mail to confirm your order and may need to contact you by phone, e-mail or regular mail if we have questions about your order.
7. How do we protect the privacy of children?
We do not sell or ship any items ordered through the Shopping Sites directly to anyone who we know to be under the age of 13, nor do we collect any personal information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 13 on any of the Web Sites. Unfortunately, we cannot always determine if a visitor to any of the Web Sites is a minor child. If you are under the age of 13, you should use the Web Sites only with the involvement of a parent or guardian and should not submit any personal information to us.
8. Links to Other Sites.
We encourage you to review the privacy policies of web sites you choose to link to from our Web Sites so that you understand how those web sites collect, use and share your personal information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on web sites outside of the Web Sites.
9. Location and transfers of your information.
10. How do we make sure information is secure?
We use the latest encryption technology (Secure Sockets Layer or SSL) to secure your personal information. The personal information you provide when you place an order is encrypted (or coded) using a secure server for maximum security. This coding makes it extremely difficult for anyone to reach your personal information as it moves through our ordering system.
To check the security of your computer, look at the lower right-hand corner of your browser window if you are using Internet Explorer. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock, then the encryption technology is active and the server is secure. You can also check by looking at the URL line of your browser; when you access a secure server, the initial characters of the site address will be "https". All of your information is encrypted before it's transmitted across the Internet, then decoded only after it arrives at our secure servers.
11. Are all the pages on the Web Sites secure?
Most of the pages on our Web Sites provide information about Timberland LLC and our products. We make this information available freely and there is no reason for these pages to be "secure". The pages that we make secure are the ones on which you provide personal information, and on which you actually make a purchase, such as when managing your profile or account, checking your order status, or with the "Checkout" area. For example, the entire checkout process, from introduction to final confirmation, is completely secure.
12. Contact Information
For questions or concerns, or a copy of your personal information held by us (reasonable photocopying fees may apply) relating to the following Web Sites (timberland.com; shop.timberland.com), please contact us at:
Attn: Consumer Service/Privacy
200 Domain Drive
Stratham, NH 03885
Timberland Switzerland GmbH
Freier Platz 10
13. Note to residents of Italy:
Please follow this link http://www.garanteprivacy.it/garante/doc.jsp?ID=1311248 to view the list of rights granted to data subjects in Italy under Section 7 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003 (the Italian Privacy Code).
14. Note to residents of Spain:
Should you wish to exercise your rights of access, cancellation, rectification or opposition to your personal information, in accordance with the Spanish Data Protection Act, you may do so by directing such request to us using the following contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-023-2478. The entity controller of your personal information collected through the Web Sites and responsible for such information is Timberland LLC with registered offices at 200 Domain Drive, Stratham, New Hampshire, 03885 USA.
Last modified: January 2014
* Affiliates include Timberland Canada Co., Timberland Switzerland GmbH; Timberland Espana SL; Timberland SAS; Timberland (UK) Ltd.; Timberland Trading Switzerland GmbH; Glaudio Fashion BV; Gloudio Belgium BVBA; Timberland Italy SRL; Timberland GmbH; Timberland World Trading GmbH; Timberland Europe BV; Timberland Retail LLC, Timberland LLC and other companies that may be added from time to time and that are controlled by or under common control with one of the foregoing that are engaged or involved in the operation of the Web Sites.